New to bangalore??? Then here’s is a consolidated list of travel places in karnataka, educational institutions in bangalore, movies, disco’s, pubs, beauty parlour’s,coffee bars, etc
Got this list from someone and thought of sharing with everyone so tht it might be helpful to ppl new to bangalore…some of the details might be outdated but the travel places is a gud info. You can find the list here.
Was thinking of uploading my ooty trip photos since a long time but was a bit busy n lazy too 🙂
Atlast I uploaded them today….you can see them here
I found a nice review on this movie here .This was not written by me and the entire credit goes to tht author. This is about how taare zameen par would be if it was made by different people. The following is an excerpt from it-
If Karan Johar made Taare
- Obvious starcast:
- Shah Rukh Khan as the arts teacher (duh duh duh!!).
- Aryan Khan as the dyslexic child (even if he could not act for nuts).
- Rani Mukerjee as the kidâ€™s mom (assuming Kajol is unavailable).
- Abhishek Bachchan as the kidâ€™s dad.
- Amitabh Bachchan as the school principal (who cares if the role is ultra minute, he can afford it).
- It would be shot in New York to appeal to the NRI audience.
- The story line would obviously be different. SRK would fall for the dyslexic kidâ€™s mom. The last scene would have the mom running to the teacher rather than the kid. And again, like in so many other movies, SRK would get someone elseâ€™s girl.
- It would have one dance number.
- The film would be titled â€˜Kuch Taare Zameen Par.â€™
If Sanjay Leela Bhansali made Taare
- Obvious starcast:
- Salman as the teacher.
- Rani as the mother.
- Of course the whole film would be shot on elaborate sets. The school would be nothing short of Harvard university.
- An orchestra would play every time anyone cried.
- Slow motion, different camera angles for every scene.
- The school uniforms would match the classroom walls even though that does not make a f***ing difference.
- The film would cost 60 crores.
If Farah Khan made Taare
- Obvious starcast:
- SRK as the teacher (yawn).
- In the original Taare, Aamir makes an entry at the interval point. In Farahâ€™s version, SRK would be on screen on for 2.30 hrs out of the 2.45 hrs and would be introduced in the first scene itself.
- The story would be changed to make sure the above happened. The focus of the film would be a teacher who helps a kid fight dyslexia.
- To make it a complete entertainer, there would be a romantic angle, comedy, and action thrown in. Oh idea!! Nikumbhâ€™s character likes another teacher and the kiddo helps him.. throw in some comedy moments there and you have romance and comedy settled. For action.. hmm.. lemme see.. oh yah, the kid gets kidnapped and the teacher fights the baddies to save him. Wow!! Iâ€™m quite an imaginative writer. I can see how Farah can write a film from scratch in two weeks straight.
- The film posters would have a big SRK with the tiny image of the kid in the background.
If Rakesh Roshan made Taare
- Obvious starcast:
- Hrithik Roshan as the teacher.
- Since Rakesh Roshan cannot think beyond science fiction these days, this film would have that too. Instead of dyslexia, the kid would have alienositis or something, a condition induced due to him witnessing an alien abduction.
- Instead of Nikumbh being an arts teacher, he would be a physics teacher, and instead of asking kids to be creative, he would ask them to challenge the science we know.
- In the scene where Nikumbh asks the kids to open their minds and make whatever they want outdoors, the kid Ishaan, instead of making a boat, would end up making a working spaceship prototype.
- Nikumbh would cure the kids problem by making a full fledged version of the kidâ€™s prototype, traveling to the alien planet, and asking them to give the kid his powers back.
- The film would have music by Rajesh Roshan ripped off from some world music.
- The filmâ€™s name would again start with a K.. probably â€˜Kuch Aliens Taaron se Zameen Parâ€™.
- The director would make sure Hrithik gets to show all his abilities. This would mean a scene with Roshan jr flexing his muscles, and a dance competition in the end, instead of an arts competition.
If Priyadarshan made Taare:
- Obvious starcast:
- Akshay Kumar as the teacher.
- Paresh Rawal as the kidâ€™s dad.
- It would be a brainless comedy. The kidâ€™s dyslexia would be made fun of. Half the times the parents will be running after the kid from one room to the other and that, in the directorâ€™s opinion, would be funny.
- The film will be full of sex jokes. So for example, when Akshay would come to the parents telling them that their son has dyslexia, the ignorant father would say something inappropriate like â€˜iss umar mein? par kaise, woh to hamesha boys school mein padha hai!â€™. And yes, the director would think it is funny.
- In the climax of the film all the characters in the film would run around in the amphitheater for no reason, spilling colors on each other. Thatâ€™s where the film will end, without any logical conclusion.
- And of course, Paresh Rawal would emote like an epileptic himself making us question the boyâ€™s mental abilities anyway.
As expected by everyone taare zameen par was too gud….very natural..close to real life. Though it was his first movie as director, aamir had taken care of each and evey small detail in the movie. The movie handles the dyslexic stuff in a really good way and darsheel (ishaan in the movie) had done justice to his role.
It was six months back when I first came to know about dyslexia when I was watching my favourite program The Suite Life of Zack and Cody in disney channel. But that was a comedy television series. After that this was the first time I saw dyslexia being handled in a serious manner and that too perfectly…hatsoff to aamir khan. In the movie I did not find any flaws and if there are any…it won’t really matter when compared to the overall movie.
On the whole the movie is really worth watching and I think atleast all the parents and school teachers must definitely watch it…..wht I really liked in the movie was when aamir says every child will learn at one time or the other………only difference is some are fast learners and some are slow learners…..so it makes no sense in troubling the child. Also I liked the scene wherein aamir says “sir, isko tho sirf paas hona hain…iski manzil tho kahin aur hain” (sir, he has to just pass, his destination is somewhere else).
So, ppl if you find time watch this movie definitely.
I watched this today in national geographic channel….was very interesting. The main idea of the program was to analyse the various reasons for einstein’s genius.
It talks about the structure of his brain, his ability to concentrate on a single problem, his habit of asking questions like small children and then spending days together to find answers to those questions.
In the show it was shown that there were only two people in history till now famous for their concentration levels one was netwon and the other one einstein. Their concentration levels were so high tht they would even lose their body weight while working continuously for days together isolated in a room without food n water. According to neurology this is some sort of neurological disorder 😕 😯 😯
They even talked about Dr. Thomas Harvey who performed the autopsy after einstein’s death and also took out his brain for preserving. He had preserved the brain for 50 years and then passed on to another doctor to preserve it.
Finally I also came to know about StevenLevy who in 1978 went out to search for einstein’s brain…..u can see his article here. More about steven levy’s search for albert einstein’s brain can be seen in trivia-library.The article is of three parts. Lastly I found a video Einstein’s brain: The search for genius. I found this in google and even I did not watch this….Lastly, the program was too gud and would really like to watch it again if I can get hold of the video somewhere 🙂
Thought of writing abt my favourite tv programmes……my most favourite channels are discovery and national geographic.
The programs I like the most are Extreme Engineering, massive engines with chris barrie, man vs. wild, dirty jobs by mike rowe from discovery channel and from NGC it is Air Crash Investigations, seconds before disaster,wild and many more.
Out of these I never miss watching air crash investigations…I really like the way things are analyzed ultimately reaching to the root cause of the crash. I like watching the programs which show massive engines, the way they work…, construction related programs n those dealing with machines…machines n machines 🙂
Till now I did not get the idea of putting in about these programs in my website…but today I was watching the program The secret of Einstein n was so impressed by it tht I thought of writing about it here….so from today I would keep writing about all those programs in detail. And to start with…….I will write about The secret of Einstein today.
Keep checking for more updates……… so coming up next The secret of Einstein
Nice Indian commercial……click here to watch
An amazing inspirational video….click here to watch
Bought a new swatch today…..a colleague of mine who got it as gift was reselling itÂ 🙂
Its a swatch IRONY diaphane SVCK4002G……….its a chrono & navigator & automatic
Details can be seen here
All of us (including me 🙂 )keep blaming our country for its present state, but no one cares to do something about it. Given the oppurtunity all of us try to run away to have a better life…..earn lots of money but none of us realize that its we who have to take the initiative to do something. We keep hearing about this always but never think about taking some action. I liked this nice quote which I read in some blog recently….. “Lets admit it….you are never stuck in a traffic jam……you are the traffic jam“–TOI. This video depicts the same idea.Hope it will inspire you 🙂 😀
Click here to watch the video.
nenu recent gaa ee koumudi monthly magazine ni chusanu…interesting gaa undanipinchindi ……so naa blogs chadive telugu vaarantha ee telugu web monthly magazine ni okasaari chudandi….also added a link to this magazine in my links section…u can see tht in the sidebar
Happy reading 🙂 ………………….